Spotify offers more than 30 million music tracks to its users. With increasing competition, many music providers are constantly taking new steps to offer the best to its subscribers.
Therefore, it becomes really difficult for users to decide, which application to keep and which ones to stop. Some users may want to delete some applications. This also applies to Spotify.
Spotify earns millions of users on the one hand and loses thousands on the other. If you also want to delete the Spotify account and app, you can learn how to do this permanently with the following steps:
Considerations before Deleting a Spotify Account
- Once you delete your Spotify account, you can’t access your online and offline playlists. They will be permanently removed.
- Your Spotify username will be permanently deleted and you may no longer be able to find an account with that username.
- After the account is deleted, the user loses the complete list of followers.
- If you are a Premium Member and have made a student discount, you will not be able to reapply the account discount for 12 months from the date you signed it once the account has been deleted and you want to open an account on Spotify.
- If you are a Premium member, you must first cancel your membership.
You can follow the steps below to cancel your Spotify membership.
How to Cancel Spotify Premium
- Go to the Spotify official website and log in to your account.
- Then, click Profile and then select Account.
- Now scroll down a bit and click CHANGE PLAN.
- Now, click Cancel Premium.
- Finally, click YES, to cancel your premium subscription.
If you want to permanently delete your account in Spotify, follow these steps.
How to Delete a Spotify Account Permanently?
- Go to Spotify official website. Now click Help at the top of the screen.
- In the search box, type Close Account and click the search icon.
- Then scroll down to How to close your account
- Then click Sign in here to close your account.
- You will find the option here. How can we help you?
- Then click I want to permanently close my account.
- Finally, click Close Account to permanently close your Spotify account.
We’ve finally learned how to cancel Spotify premium membership and permanently delete the Spotify account. There are several things to keep in mind before you delete Spotify. Also, you should not be in a hurry to delete the application.