Table of Contents
You bought the best kitchen accessory for your home. You would also need to maintain it so that it lasts longer.
A Mixer Grinder or simply a Mixer is a very commonly used kitchen appliance. We can find it in almost every household. This kitchen appliance helps us with several tasks.
We use them for grinding masalas, making juice and for making different kinds of pastes.
After using, there are always those little remains that are left behind underneath the blades.
It looks dirty and may affect the working of your mixer.
To avoid any problem which may interrupt its usage, you need to clean it on a regular basis.
If you are confused as to how can we clean a mixer grinder, this article will prove to be helpful for you.
What Are The Tips To Keep Your Mixer Grinder Clean?
Keeping your Mixer Grinder in good condition is no Rocket Science! Neither you need to shell out big cash to keep it maintained for years.
Thankfully there are some easy ways to clean this appliance.
Regardless of the type and brand of the mixer grinder, you can use these tips to clean your mixer grinder at home.
1. Use Vinegar For Removing Stains
Sometimes, we find dark, sticky, stains inside the grinder.
To remove these stains, you can make use of vinegar.
- Take some water. Add two spoons of Vinegar. Mix this solution well.
- Pour this solution into the grinder. Grind for a few seconds.
- Check whether the stains have been removed or not.
- If not, then remove some water, add vinegar to it and grind again.
2. Avoid Foul Smell In The Grinder Using Lemon Peels
It is one of the best ways to clean the mixer grinder. We all know how effective a lemon is when it comes to removing stains and bad odour.
It contains Citric Acid, that is capable of tough and sticky materials.
- Get the juice out of the lemon. Now, you are left with peels.
- Take a peel, rub it vigorously on the lid and inner part of the grinder.
The Citric acid will start working to remove the smell as well as tough stains.
- After rubbing, leave the grinder for 10-15 minutes.
- Post 15 minutes, rinse it with running water. The bad smell will disappear. Instead, you’ll get a fresh lemon fragrance.
3. Use Baking Soda For Complete Cleaning
Another good way to clean the mixer is to use baking powder.
It has excellent cleaning qualities. It helps to remove odour also.
- Take some water. Add some baking powder to it. Make a thick paste and allow it to settle.
- Apply this mixture on the inner side of the mixer and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Now, wash it with clean water. The foul smell should have been gone by now.
4. Use Alcohol And Get The Shine Back
Alcohol can help with really tough stains.
- Make a proper solution of water and alcohol.
- Pour this solution inside the mixer and leave for 15 minutes.
- Wash with clean water. All the smell will go away. Also, the mixer will regain its shine.
5. Use Detergent Solution For Cleaning
There is nothing new in cleaning the mixer grinder using detergents. It is just like regular cleaning.
- Take some liquid detergent. Drop it into the mixer container. Add hot water and swirl it for a few seconds.
- Remove the solution and rinse with clean water. Most of the stain and the smell will go away.
6. Clean The Mixer Using A Solution Of Baking Soda And Vinegar
- Take some distilled water in a jar.
- Add baking powder and vinegar to it.
- Rub carefully inside and around.
- After 15-20 minutes, rinse it thoroughly with running water. All the stains will get washed away.
7. Disinfect The Grinder Using Bleach
Bleaching powder is a common disinfectant. Using a mild bleach solution doesn’t cause any harm.
It is harmful when you use it with a heavy hand.
- Fill the jar of the grinder with hot water.
- Add 1/2 teaspoons of chlorine bleach.
- Stir well for some seconds to mix water and bleach.
- Let the mixture in the jar stand for a few minutes.
- Rinse well and empty the jar.
8. Deep Clean The Grinder Using A Blend Of Lemon Juice And Baking Soda
- Extract out the juice of one lemon.
- Add 2/3 tablespoons of baking soda to it.
- Add some water.
- Run the mixer on medium speed for 2/3 minutes.
- Scrub using a non-scratch scrub.
Things To Be Kept In Mind While Cleaning A Mixer Grinder
- For the outside, make use of a brush to clean the sticky areas at the nooks and crevices in the design, as well as the switches.
- Clean the appliance by wiping the basic unit with a thin cloth and liquid cleaner instead of washing it.
- Wash the jars with clean water after every use.
- Make sure that you dry the jar and the lid completely using a towel before you store it.
- Make sure to unplug the appliance before you wash it.
- You can clean the other parts like spatula and removable blades using soapy water.
- Don’t forget to wipe down the mixer’s cord. Sometimes, insects tend to feed on the food splatters and may damage the cord.
- Don’t submerge the mixer in water. It may ruin the motor.
Along with cleaning the mixer grinder regularly, make sure to use it correctly. It will help you maintain your mixer grinder in a better way.
- Don’t place your mixer grinder on an uneven surface.
- Don’t overload the mixer. Instead, use it with small quantities.
- Don’t grind the ingredients when they are hot. And, don’t open the jar lids when the mixer is still being operated.
- Use them as prescribed so that it will deliver the best results for a long time.
If you don’t clean your mixer grinder regularly, it may start showing faults and may not work properly.
Here, we have discussed some of the easy tips to keep your mixer grinder clean. Clean the jars instantly after use by following these easy tips. And, devote one day in a week to give it a thorough cleaning.